Thursday, November 8, 2007

Raison d'Etre

I think I'm finally ready to write about the purpose of this blog. I've been tempted to start one for a long time (especially since I had the idea for the name "Don't Wast Wine," which I must say that I'm rather proud of). But I was stopped because I couldn't particularly see any value in the activity. So here's the value that I see now:

I enjoy putting my opinions down in writing. It forces me to make them more rigorous, and allows criticism that I then have to consider. In particular, I tend to think about art (especially film and music) with a review type of mindset, and now I have a place to give those reviews.

That was my original impetus, but it wasn't enough to make blogging seem worthwhile. It wasn't until I moved and missed this sort of interaction with the good friends that I have, but no longer see, that I felt justified in taking the time to blog.

So with that in mind, if you have something to add, or if you think I'm full of it, please comment! (Even if not an old friend). The tagline may say that this is a masturbatory enterprise, but I appreciate any help I can get.

Wait, I don't know if that came out right...

No comments: