Friday, December 21, 2007

Small group hazing and I


The Holy Observer is my (distant) second favorite organ behind skin (skin is the largest organ, it provides a barrier against most bacteria and viruses, and it prunes in the tub... there's really no competition).

Anyway, the HO has a very important story in its latest issue that blows the whistle on small group hazing. I myself have been subjected to this recently at my own church. As some of you may have noticed, John made me yell out a request for "Free Bird" during a lull at our recent Christmas sing (when in fact I would have much preferred "Stairway to Heaven"). Furthermore, I was forced on three occasions to clean Allan's apartment while wearing a French maid's costume that was much skimpier than anything I would normally don.

Humiliating? Yes. Degrading? Yes... But at least I didn't have to deal with Joseph and the cream cheese.

No comments: