Friday, December 7, 2007

There are two things that distract me, yea three that are ruining my life

Links to three procrastination enablers:

1. At the Movies
I love movies and I love movie reviews, and I knew the second I found this site that it would be a bane. I've more than once spent hours at a time tracing trails of reviews that play like extended versions of "Six degrees from Kevin Bacon."

2. Google Reader
Used to be that I just had a group of about six blogs called "Daily Blogs" in my Firefox bookmarks. I would open them all once or maybe twice a day and check to see what was going on. Now with Google reader the annoyance of having to open all the blogs is gone, so I have feeds to a score of blogs that update throughout the day. While I didn't have time to bother with mildly interesting posts when I had all my daily blogs to slog through, now I feel compelled to read each and every thing that pops up throughout the day.

3. World Wide Words
I mentioned in a recent post that this website was a new favorite. And so it is. I find the Q&A section to be a particularly excellent procrastination tool.

No comments: